Math At Home
Ontario’s publicly funded schools are focusing on the fundamentals of math. This is an overview of what Ontario students in Grades 1-8 are learning in math, and how you can support your children’s math learning at home.
A helpful guide for parents to help their children embrace mathematical learning in the home and community.
From the Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association 2016
Selected resources to help your child succeed in math:
- Doing Mathematics with Your Child: Kindergarten to Grade 6 (available in a variety of languages)
- Partnering with Your Teen in Mathematics
- Advice for Parents - From Jo Boaler
- Home Connections: Math Activities to Do at Home
- Homework Help: Free Online Math Supports
- Inspiring Your Child to Learn and Love Math
- Encourager votre enfant à apprendre et à aimer les mathématiques
- Mathies: Resources for Parents and Students
- Bedtime Math
- Web Resources from UWaterloo
- EQAO Parent Resources: Grade 3 | Grade 6 | Grade 9
SCCDSB received a CODE grant to fund a family math evening. This event was held on October 27th, 2016 with families from 6 of our St Clair Catholic Elementary Schools. For more information on how the evening unfolded, please click here or check out the documents below. This event was extremely successful for our families. Thank you to everyone who helped support this evening for our families!
Teens have many experiences that may impact their attitude and confidence in their mathematical ability. You can help your teen celebrate each success and deal with any challenges. You do not have to do the mathematics your teen brings home. What matters most is your attitude about the work they are doing. Attitudes about mathematics and confidence in abilitites in mathematics can have a great influence on success at school.
This resource is intended to help you support your teen with learning mathematics in grades 7 to 12. It is guided by the belief that all students can be successful in mathematics and all parents can be successful in supporting their teens in learning mathematics.