The image is linked to a full document that shows all of the curriculum expectations for Grades 1 to 8 involving financial literacy.
Consider how to embed financial literacy concepts when teaching skip counting, addition and subtraction, and unit rate.
Consider how to embed money concepts into other strands. Example: Measurement - Find the area of a surface and determine the cost of it.
Strengths & Misconceptions
A document has been created to examine trends of common strengths and misconceptions that were noticed from a sample of students in grades 2/3 to 6/7.
The link below gives strategies of how address financial literacy misconceptions.
Ministry of Education Website
A link to the webpage from the Ontario Ministry of Education. This site includes information including:
- What is financial literacy and why is it important?
- How is financial literacy taught in Ontario schools?
- How is Financial Literacy Assessed?
- What resources are available to teachers for classroom use?
- What resources are available for teachers to help parents support their children in learning financial literacy?
- Tips for Parents
- Video for Parents
- Where can I learn more about financial literacy education?
A link to the Edugains Financial Literacy Education page. This page includes Elementary and Secondary Resources as well as videos to support financial literacy. Within the elementary resource section are grade level examples of financial literacy lessons for grades 4-8.